POSTGRADUATE THESIS COMPETITION
SUBJECT: “ETHICS AND RESPONSIBILITY”
SPONSOR of this institution is ALPHA BANK and the Metropolitan College
ACADEMIC SUPPORTERS are PANTEIO University and ATHENS UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS.
Communication sponsor is Naftemporiki.
For any additional information, you can contact via e-mail: email@example.com with the Administrative Officer Ms. Nikoletta Boura, or visit the official website of the organization at www.eben.gr.
Α. THESIS REQUIREMENTS
- The student must be of postgraduate level (including doctoral candidates and postdoctoral researchers) when submitting the thesis.
- Very good knowledge of the Greek and English language.
- An Application Form & Summary must be sent by mid-April (at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The final work must be submitted electronically (at email@example.com) by May 30, 2020
- The language of submission will be Greek.
- The thesis will be individual and not a result of a team-work.
- The thesis’ size must be from 10,000-12,000 words, tables and bibliography are not included.
- The author of the selected as the best thesis will choose as a prize (a) presentation of the thesis, at the expense of ALPHA BANK in a European country in English (in the context of the annual conference of EBEN Europe or (b) 80% tuition coverage in a postgraduate program at Metropolitan College in Business Administration.
- The author of the second best thesis will receive as a prize, the one that was not selected (a or b) by the first author
- The three best works will be presented in the context of the Annual EBEN GR Awards Ceremony
- The five best works will be posted on the website of EVEN Gr (www.eben.gr)
C. EVALUATION COMMITTEE – CRITERIA
The Evaluation Committee consists by seven members, five academics (Efthymios Balkanos, Professor of the University of Macedonia, George Iatridis, Professor of the University of Thessaly, Jordan Kavatatzopoulos, Professor, Uppsala University, Sweden, Nancy Papalexandri, Professor Emeritus, Athens University of Economics, John Filos, President of the Committee and Professor, Panteio University of Athens & member of the Board of EBEN GR), Mr. Antony Gortzis, President of EBEN Greece, President of EBEN Europe and representative of a professional body and Konstantinos Michalos, President of ACCI & President of the Central Union of Chambers.
The examination of the thesis will be held with the system of blind review with Criteria:
- Structure and correlation of (a) work objectives (b) topic development and (c) conclusions / proposals (30%)
- Additional information (possible use of tables, use of questionnaires & possible editing etc (20%)
- Reference to the current Greek (and/or global) economic, social, institutional status (20%)
- Sources (variety, range, relativity, etc.) (20%)
- Originality of the subject & contribution to science (10%)