Targeting at the creation of added value to the program of students education, the Institution of Business Ethics established a contest with prizes, for the best dissertation.
The theme for the period 2018-2019 is::
“BUSINESS ETHICS FOR SMEs”
The expenses for the presentation of the best dissertation in English in Europe will be covered from ALPHA BANK (in the annual conference of the European EBEN)
The first two winners of the student contest will be granted by the University of Nicosia two scholarships of 30% reduction in fees for Distance Learning each, for 2019-2020.
The second and third best dissertations will be presented in English at the Annual Ceremony of EBEN Awards
The three best dissertations will be awarded at the special EBEN annual event in Athens
The five best dissertations will be posted on the website of EBEN Gr (www.eben.gr)
Sponsor of the institution is the ALPHA BANK and the University of Nicosia
Academic Supporters are the Panteion University and the Athens University of Economics.
Media Sponsor is Naftemporiki.
- The student must be a graduate (including doctoral students and postdoctoral researchers) during the dissertation submission.
- Must have a good knowledge of Greek and English language.
- Application Form & Summary deadline is the end of January 2019 (to firstname.lastname@example.org ).
- The final dissertation must be sent via e-mail to email@example.com by 31 March 2019
- The submission language must be in Greek.
- The dissertation is of individual representation and not of a group.
- Dissertaion size should be of about 10,000-12,000 words, excluding tables and bibliography
- The expenses for the presentation of the best dissertation in English in a European country will be covered from ALPHA BANK (in the annual conference of the European EBEN)
- The first two winners of the student contest will be granted by the University of Nicosia two scholarships of 30% reduction in fees for Distance Learning each, for 2019-2020.
- The second and third best dissertations will be presented in the Annual Award Ceremony of EBEN GR Awards
- The three best works will be awarded at a special event in Greece EBEN
- The five best dissertations will be posted on the website of EBEN Gr ( eben.gr )
C. ASSESSMENT COMMITTEE – CRITERIA
The Assessment Committee is of seven members, coming from five universities (George Iatridis Professor, Thessaly University), Jordan Kavathatzopoulos (Professor, Upsala University, Sweden), Papalexandri Nancy (Professor, Athens University of Economics), John Filos (Chairman, Professor, Panteion University & Board Member of EBEN Gr), Alexander Antonaras (Assistant Professor, Management & MIS, University of Nicosia), Anthony Gortzis (Ex President EBEN Europe and President of Eben Greece) and a professional entity representative, Michalis Konstantinou (President of EBEA & President of Central Union Chambers).
The examination of the work will be done with the “anonymous evaluation system” ( blind review ) using following criteria:
- Structure and correlation (a) thesis objectives (b) topic development and (c) findings / proposals (30%)
- Additional elements (possible use of tables, questionnaires & topic analysis etc. (20%)
- Reference to the current Greek (and / or global) economic, social and institutional situation (20%)
- Sources (variety, range, relevancy, etc.) 20%
- Originality & contribution of thesis findings in science (10%)